September 14th, COHA opened its doors once again after a 5 month summer break. While we are so glad that our students were able to go on some fun adventures with their families this summer and stayed healthy and safe, we are so happy to have their smiling faces back with us!
The beginning of school looked a little different for us this year; no hugs, high fives, fist bumps, etc ): It has made us all a little sad! Instead, we all walk around the school doing the ‘I love you’ hand sign at each other to show our friends we love and are here for them! Another change we have made is that we do our opening exercises outside. Our students have loved being able to stretch, do small workouts, and talk about what is going on in their lives in the fresh air. We have noticed greater focus and attention from them as well; this is huge accomplishment for all our students!!
Before coming back we were anxious to see how our students would react to wearing masks, but on the first day that anxiety disappeared because our students are experts at it!! We are so blessed that they are all so understanding and that they have amazing families and tutors who teach them how to be safe!
These were the highlights of our student’s first week:
- Macey loves her new tutor, Lauren
- Jessie loves being back at the school and studying history
- Chantel loves talking and seeing her friends
- Jill loves being back at school and doing her math and reading
- JJ loves doing opening exercises outside (we are so blessed that this sweet girl helps us set up every morning!)
- Brady loves working hard and getting good grades
- Sam loves doing his digits (he is almost to a 7!!)
- Austin loves reading books about history (his favorite book he has read was about Walt Disney)
We know that as time goes on, these times will only get sweeter! Stay tuned for more exciting times at COHA (: